Here are some facts on toilets that I have found on the internet, some funny and some a little gross.
Here are the facts:
- The film “Psycho” was the first movie to show a toilet flushing – the scene caused an inpouring of complaints about indecency.
- Pomegranates studded with cloves were used as the first attempt at making toilet air-freshener.
- Hermann Goering refused to use regulation toilet paper – instead he bought soft white handkerchiefs in bulk and used them
- Over $100,000 US dollars was spent on a study to determine whether most people put their toilet paper on the holder with the flap in front or behind; the answer: three out of four people have the flap in the front
- King George II of Great Britain died falling off a toilet on the 25th of October 1760
- The average person spends three whole years of their life sitting on the toilet
- The first toilet cubicle in a row is the least used (and consequently cleanest)
- An estimated 2.6 billion people worldwide do not have access to proper toilet facilities, particularly in rural areas of China and India.
- The Roman army didn’t have toilet paper so they used a water soaked sponge on the end of a stick instead!
- The toilet is flushed more times during the super bowl half time than at any time during the year in America.
- 90% of pharmaceuticals taken by people are excreted through urination. Therefore our sewer systems contain heavy doses of drugs. A recent study by the EPA has found fish containing trace amounts of estrogenic, cholesterol-lowering drugs, pain relievers, antibiotics, caffeine and even anti-depressants.
- The toilet handle in a public restroom can have up to 40,000 germs per square inch.
- While he didn’t invent the toilet, Thomas Crapper perfected the siphon flush system we use today. He was born in the village of Thorne – which is an anagram of throne.
- In a 1992 survey, British public toilets were voted the worst in the world. Following quickly behind were Thailand, Greece, and France.
If you can find any more or think any of these are wrong then please leave a comment and I will investigate further.
But in the meantime if you need a portable toilet for hire or just need a portable toilet to be serviced then please gives us a call and speak to one of friendly sales team who will give you a quote and any advice that you may require. Free phone 0800 731 0589